CONTRACT FOR 250 Starboard Street , Building 9, Unit A
Renter's Name _________________________________________
Rental Contract Ė Rules and Regulations
THIS WILL BE A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
1. Check-in Time is after 4:00 PM on the first day, according to your reservation. You may go straight to the house when you arrive. You do not need to go by any office. If you anticipate arriving after 8:00 PM, please let us know your ETA by email or phone.
2. Pillows, bedspreads and some blankets are provided. We recommend that you bring extras. Linens, towels, paper products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries are not provided.
3. During your stay, report any non-emergency problems to Malcolm via call or text at (704) 244-6331 or by email. For the quickest response to any problems, a call or text is preferred over email. If you cannot reach me, then call Judy at (704) 244-6235.
4. No pets of any kind are allowed in the rental property. If a pet is discovered on the premises, occupancy will be terminated with no refund.
5. Absolutely NO SMOKING in the house or on the property, including the deck. Smoking on the premises may result in immediate termination of occupancy with no refund. If you are a smoker, please do not rent our unit.
6. Absolutely NO PARTIES. Should a party occur in the rental unit, occupancy will be terminated with no refund.
7. Rental services will be provided as a part of your rental charge.
8. Renter is responsible for any damage incurred during his occupancy of the premises. We will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, or loss of valuables.
9. Renterís Security Deposit will be refunded, if the unit is left in satisfactory condition. Refunds will be mailed within 30 days of the Renterís last day at the unit.
10. Check-out time is 10:00 A.M., SHARP. No one is to be in the unit or on the unit property after check-out time. If the anyone is in the unit after10:00 AM on the day of departure, the rental deposit will be forfeited.
11. When You Leave
o Generally tidy up the place and make sure everything is in order as you found it when you arrived.
o Clean all food out of refrigerator, and wash and put up dishes
o Empty trash cans and place your garbage in the outdoor trash containers in front of the building.
o Lock all windows and doors.
o Return all keys to the storage place.
o Report any damage to us prior to your departure.
o Close and lock all doors and windows, and make sure all appliances are turned off, except the refrigerator, before departing.
o During air conditioning times, please turn the unit to 80 degrees upon departure.
o During heat months, please set heat to the lowest setting upon departure.
o In early spring and late fall, please turn the thermostat off, when leaving.
12. INSPECTION OF PROPERTIES: The property shall be inspected after your departure. If damage does occur in the unit, please do not feel embarrassed, but report the damage to us immediately. We can handle the repair while you are here and alleviate any questions by both parties. If it is discovered that the owner's closet has been broken into after your departure, you will be charged the full replacement cost for all items that are missing plus any expenses that are incurred to replace the missing items.
13. Reservations may be made anytime and will be honored, provided payment is received as agreed and is deposited.
14. Rental Deposits will be refunded on cancellations, less 15%, when/if the unit is re-rented.
15. There will be no refund for inclement weather. In the event of mandatory evacuation, the pro-rata share of the rental charge will be refunded.
16. Any and all interest earned on deposits and advance rents paid will accrue to our benefit, and not the Renter.
17. If you use any of the recreational/sporting equipment, you agree to use it with care, and repair or replace anything which you damage, destroy, or lose. Use of recreational equipment is at users own risk.
18. Under no circumstances should there be more than 7 overnight occupants. Violation of this provision may result in termination of occupancy, without refund.
19. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the property to you for the rental period contracted (for example, the home is damaged by a hurricane), we shall refund your money in full.
20. RESERVATION FEE: Unlike the local real estate rental companies, we DO NOT charge reservation FEES.
21. CONFIRMATION DEPOSIT: You should print this document, and sign and date each page as confirmation of your agreement. Then you should mail to Malcolm Moore, 9925 Stonebridge Way, Mint Hill NC 28227 or email us a scanned copy. You will need to mail us a deposit of Ĺ the rental fee plus the entire security deposit. This payment may be paid by personal check. THERE WILL BE A FORTY DOLLAR CHARGE FOR ANY RETURNED CHECK. We will continue to market the property for rent until receipt of your deposit check. Upon our deposit of your initial check, your contract with us is bound. If for any reason the property has already been rented to another party when we receive your payment, we will promptly return your check to you.
22. BALANCE OF PAYMENT: The balance on the rent, including all taxes and security deposit is due 30 days before arrival date. NO REMINDERS WILL BE SENT.
23. Please be aware that the locked closets are property of the owner and are not to be entered under any conditions. If upon arrival you discover any damage to the property PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY AT (704) 244-6331.
24. If you plan on arriving early, let us know via email and we will see if the unit can be made available earlier.
25. KEYS: Keys are located at the unit. We will email you where to find the key upon receipt of the final payment and no less than 30 days prior to your arrival. Keys will not be given out to anyone other than the person whose name is on the reservation (or email address above), unless we have been given previous authorization.
26. LOCK OUTS: If you lock yourself out of your unit, please call (704) 244-6331 and leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly and arrangements made to have the unit unlocked. There will be a $60.00 cash fee for opening the unit or providing a replacement key which will be deducted from your security deposit. If you had returned the access key to its place (at the beginning of your stay), a lockout could not occur.
27. PASS CARDS There are two cards in the unit that will provide you with access to the common areas on the property such as pools and tennis courts, including the private beachfront pool and beach access. Should any of these cards be lost, or not present during the inspection after your departure, you will be charged a $25 replacement fee for each card.
28. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS: We do our best to keep all equipment in good repair. When you check in or during your stay, if you discover anything not in working order, please notify us immediately, by email or by telephone at (704) 244-6331. We will correct it as soon as possible.
29. There will be NO REBATES given due to the malfunctioning or breakdown of appliances, air conditioning, televisions, telephones, computer, fax machine, printer, or any other property equipment or services. If you inform us of issues we will have them corrected as soon as possible.
30. OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of number people allowed is 7. The city ordinance does not allow additional guests to sleep in vehicles parked on the property or on board boats. We rent to FAMILIES AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS GROUPS (If the group is a non-family adult group, all occupants must be over 25 years of age). Misrepresentation of the party will result in immediate termination of the rental agreement, expulsion, and the loss of rental fee. We reserve the right to refuse occupancy, if we feel the occupancy could be detrimental to the property.
31. PETS: ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE RENTAL PROPERTY. IF A PET IS FOUND YOU WILL BE CHARGED A NON-REFUNDABLE FEE OF $200. YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE THE PET IMMEDIATELY OR VACATE THE PREMISES WITH NO REFUND.
32. EVEN THOUGH WE DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ITEMS LEFT IN PROPERTY, we will make every effort to locate lost items. Upon request, we will mail items found to you. These items will be shipped COD plus a $10.00 handling fee
MAIL: We do not have a mail box, so the US Postal service does not deliver to the unit. If you must have mail sent to you while on vacation, it must sent via a commercial courier (like FedEx or UPS) and be addressed to the person who has his or her name on the contract. The address of the unit is 250 Starboard Street, Building 9, Unit A, Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina 28469. If this information is not included, we will not be able to get the mail to you. There are post offices on the mainland in both Ocean Isle Beach and Shallotte.
GARBAGE PICK-UP: Garbage pick-up during the summer months is on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Garbage should be paced in the outdoor containers at the front of the unit.
FIREWORKS: Fireworks are not legal in North Carolina. A $500.00 fine will be enforced.
VEHICLES: No mobile sleeping units, such as campers and RVís, may be used on the property for sleeping, cooking or any purpose other than transportation.
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING UNIT
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ADVISE YOU TO READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN OUR RULES SO THAT MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR INCONVENIENCES MIGHT BE PREVENTED. IF THERE ARE ANY CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, THIS DOCUMENT SHALL TAKE PRECEDENCE. RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT THE RULES APPLYING TO YOUR RENTAL, SHALL BE THOSE AS WRITTEN AND IN FORCE AT THE TIME AND DATE OF YOUR EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Property ID: 2509A Starboard
Property Address: 250 W. Second St, Unit 9A, Ocean Isle Beach NC 28469
Beginning Date of Stay _____________________ Number of nights _________
Check-out Date of Stay _____________________ Number in Party _________(Max 7)
The reservation for the Renter will be held for no more than 7 days after the receipt of the signed contract without receipt of deposit. The contract is bound upon our receipt of the deposit. The balance is due in full 30 days prior to the first day of the rental period.
# of Persons in group who are neither family nor over 25 years of age____________.
Except as just listed, Renter certifies with his (her) signature that all members of their group are either part of a family group or group of responsible adults over aged 25. Non-family guests under aged 25 shall not exceed the number listed above. Violation of the number of provisions of this paragraph may result in the termination of the rental agreement, immediate removal from the premises, and forfeiture of any money paid. Please complete the following:
Group Type (Family or Other) _________
# adults _____ # young adults under 25______ # teens______ # children _____
(Should these numbers change after the contract is signed; not to exceed 7 people, you must notify Malcolm Moore via call or email)
We hope that you will have an enjoyable experience while vacationing at Ocean Isle Beach. Please carefully review the regulations above, sign and return along with the rental deposit.
Check should be made payable to Malcolm Moore, 9925 Stonebridge Way, Mint Hill
NC 28227. Upon receipt of final payment,
renter will be provided an email with detailed home information, including
directions and key information.
Undersigned, by signature below, understands and agrees to the terms of this agreement. This agreement is the full agreement between the parties.
Cell phone# __________________________________________________
CONTACT US: Text or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org- attn: Marc (if you include the the property id and your group info-type,#,#adults,#adults-u25,#teens,#children on your initial inquiry, this will speed things greatly and help us better reply).