VACATION RENTAL CONTRACT
23 CUMBERLAND ST, OCEAN ISLE BEACH, NC
Renter’s name (s) _____________________________________________________
Renter’s address _____________________________________________________
Cell phone ________________________ Home phone _______________________
Renter’s email address ________________________________________________
Arrival day/date _____________________________________________________
Departure day/date ___________________________________________________
Number in party – 25 years and older ____________________________________
Number in party –Under 25 years of age (family)____________________________
Number in party –Under 25 years of age (non-family)________________________
RENTAL CONTRACT-- RULES AND REGULATIONS
THIS IS A RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY, OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
1. CHECK IN TIME is after 4:00 pm on the arrival day, as listed in this agreement. You do not need to report in at any office or other location. You may go straight to the house upon arrival.
2. Pillows, bedspreads, and blankets are provided. All other linens, towels, and toiletries are the responsibility of the tenant.
3. During your stay, report any non-emergency problems to us at (704) 634-3825 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Problems will be addressed promptly. IF YOU FIND PROBLEMS OR DAMAGE UPON ARRIVAL report it immediate otherwise you may be held responsible.
4. No pets of any kind are allowed. If a pet is discovered on the premises, your occupancy will be terminated with NO refunds. This includes visiting guests.
5. No smoking on the premises. If smoking is discovered during your stay, or the odor of smoking is in the house (including garage) upon your departure, your deposit will be used to have the house treated at the rents expense.
6. No house parties. Gatherings of family and friends that do not produce an excess of amount of noise or include an excessive number of people are allowable. If there are activities that result in complaints from any neighbors, or result in a visit from the police, your occupancy will be terminated with NO REFUND.
7. Locked closets in the house, including the garage area, are the private property of the owners, and are not be used or entered by the renters. If upon arrival you find any damage to the property, including to the locked doors, please notify the owner immediately. Likewise, should you discover any non-working items, i.e., dishwasher, lights, elevator, please notify the owner immediately.
8. Each renter is responsible for tidying the rental property before leaving. A checklist will be posted in the kitchen area for reference. Upon departure, (1) Please ensure that all doors and windows are closed and locked. (2) Turn off all appliances (except refrigerator) before your leave. (3) Clean and wipe out refrigerator. (4) Check that everything is in order as you found it, including all furniture, supplies, and utensils are in their proper place. (5) Run the dishwasher and put away clean dishes. (6) Empty trash and recycling bin and take to the road. (7) Place any keys to their respective places. (8) Make sure golf cart is plugged in. Standard maid service is included in the rental fee. If extra cleaning is required because of the condition of the house upon your departure, the cost plus a fee will be charged against your deposit.
9. Renter is responsible for any damage incurred during their occupancy of the premises. Applicable charges will be made against your deposit.
10. Please note any non-emergency problems that require owner’s attention, such as loose doorknobs, leaky faucets, stuck windows, etc., via email.
11. Checkout Time is 10:00am. No person, vehicles, or personal property is to be on the property later than the checkout time.
12. Use of recreational equipment (kayaks, cornhole boards, etc.) shall be conducted with care. Repair or replacement of any damaged equipment should be made by the renter. Any damaged items discovered not reported by the renter will be repaired or replaced by the owners with all costs charged against your deposit.
13. NUMBER OF GUESTS IN RENTAL PARTY IS LIMITED TO 12 PERSONS. No more than 50% of the guests in your party may be under the age of 25 without prior WRITTEN APPROVAL from the owners. Considerations will be made if all members of the party are family members. (Defined as parents, children, grandchildren, in-laws.) Misrepresentation of the number and/or members of the party will result in the immediate termination of the rental agreement, eviction from the property, and loss of the rental fee.
14. Owner is not responsible for accidents, injury, or loss of valuables during your stay.
15. RENTAL DEPOSITS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS AGREEMENT TO BECOME BINDING. Reservations will be honored upon the receipt of this completed/signed form, and the applicable deposit amount has cleared the bank. A $35.00 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR RETURNED CHECKS. Include a SASE with your contract and check. We will use this to return your deposits (or portion thereof, if applicable) should the need arise. We will likewise use the SASE to return your security deposit within 30 days of your departure.
16. Print and sign this agreement, then mail or email (email@example.com) the original (you will want to keep a signed copy) along with your deposit to: MLE Real Estate
7908 Seclusive Drive
Indian Trail, NC 28079
17. If renter cancels a reservation, rental deposits and payments will be refunded, less a 20% fee, ONLY IF THE PROPERTY IS RE-RENTED. We recommend that you purchase vacation protection insurance.
18. FULL PAYMENT OF THE RENTAL AMOUNT MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE OWNERS PRIOR TO 30 DAYS OF THE BEGINNING OF THE RENTAL PERIOD. If full payment is not received, the reservation will be canceled and no refund of deposit shall be made.
19. A full refund of all paid moneys shall be made if the property becomes unavailable for rent due to damage beyond the control of the owner, i.e., fire, flood, hurricane, that necessitates major repairs or makes occupancy unsafe in any way. This includes a pro rata share should a mandatory evacuation of the island occur during your stay.
20. INSPECTION OF PROPERTY. The property will be inspected after your departure. If damages occur during your stay, please report the problem immediately. We will strive to handle the problem while you are there and alleviate any questions of both parties. If there are issues related to normal wear and tear, the owner shall bear the cost of repairing/replacing. If the damage was a result of lack of care by the renters, the cost shall be deducted from the security deposit.
21. There will be no discounts or refunds given due to the malfunction or breakdown of appliance, HVAC, televisions, or any other fixtures or equipment.
22. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ITEMS LOST OR LEFT AT THE PROPERTY. However, we will make every effort to locate any items you may have lost, and will return them to you, cost of mailing/shipping to be borne by the renter.
23. FIREWORKS ARE NOT LEGAL AT OCEAN ISLE BEACH.
24. NO VEHICLES SHALL BE USED AS SLEEPING UNITS. No Campers, RV’s, etc., may be used for sleeping, cooking, or any other purpose other than transportation.
READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN REGARDING THE RENTAL OF 23 CUMBERLAND STREET AND ALL INCLUDED RULES SO THAT MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR INCONVENIENCES MIGHT BE PREVENTED. IF THERE ARE ANY CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ON THE RENTAL WEBSITE, THIS DOCUMENT SHALL TAKE PRECEDENCE. RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ON OCCASION, BUT THE RULES APPLYING TO YOUR RENTAL SHALL BE THOSE AS WRITTEN AND IN FORCE AT THE TIME AND DATE OF YOUR EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
HOUSE BASE RENT * __________________
LOCAL AND STATE TAX: 12.75% __________________
TOTAL DUE __________________
RESERVATION DEPOSIT 50% BASE __________________
SECURITY DEPOSIT _____$600_____________
TOTAL DEPOSIT DUE AT EXECUTION _____________________
BALANCE DUE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL _____________________
CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE TO: MLE REAL ESTATE, LLC
7908 SECLUSIVE DRIVE
INDIAN TRAIL, NC 28079
* INCLUDES MAID SERVICE COST OF $275
THE CONTRACT IS BOUND UPON OUR RECEIPT AND DEPOSIT OF THE RENTERS’ FIRST PAYMENT.
Renter certifies that with his/her signature that all members of their party are reported accurately as to age and family membership. Violation of the provisions the stated limits on number of and composition of the members of the party may result in the immediate termination of the rental agreement, immediate removal from the premises, and forfeiture of any money paid.
Please carefully review all rules and regulations herein, print, sign and return along with the deposit due.
If you have any questions or need clarifications of anything about your rental, please email us at: MLErealest@gmail.com
RENTER SIGNATURE ____________________________________ DATE_____________
Print and keep a copy for your records.
2 kayaks are located in the garage and use thereof is included in the rental agreement. Both kayaks are single seaters, and are not for the surf, they are suitable for canal use only. With your reply, you agree to abide by these rules. No one under 90 pounds can use the kayak unless they are with an adult. If any passenger is under 21, there must be adult supervision. (also life vests are required see note below)
All passengers must be wearing a properly fastened life vest. There is one adult life vest and a youth vest provided. The kayak is not to be left in the water overnight or during inclement weather.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND WEARING SHOES. IF YOU SHOULD ACCIDENTALLY FLIP ONE OF THE KAYAKS AND NEED TO EXIT BY WALKING ON THE SIDE OF THE CANAL WATERWAYS, THERE ARE MANY OYSTER SHELLS IN SOME AREAS, WHICH WILL INJURE BARE FEET.
The kayak should be lifted by the straps on each end, and should be stored upside down. All renters are required to acknowledge their agreement to our rules for kayak use.
Signature ___________________________________________________ Date_______________